Section 4: Media Interviews
Every media interview is a performance. And as with acting, the venue where the interview plays out presents its own set of challenges. Whether your spokesperson conducts the interview in person, over the phone, or on email, it is essential to maintain control of the situation at all costs.
Section 4 prepares professionals for what to expect and explains how to use the interview as a vehicle for strategically communicating your company’s messages in a crisis.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Techniques for different kinds of interviews
- Understanding journalists’ “framing” techniques
- How to avoid toxic negative language and take advantage of positive language in your answers
- Using “bridging” phrases to answer questions
- Rules of thumb for handling online interviews and bloggers
- Best practices for managing news conferences